The wedding day is the most important day of a woman's life. Most of us spend a lot of time, money and effort to look our very best on this important day. The time leading upto the wedding is also associated with the stress of shopping, looking after relatives and all the associated activities that come alongwith the great big Indian wedding. This stress often has telling effects on the skin and can take away from a glowing skin. So, what can one do to look after oneself and ensure one looks glowing and radiant on the D-day?
Below are a few tips for the brides to be for being.
1. Cleansing: This continues to be the most basic step in skincare but also often ignored. Cleansing should be carried out atleast twice a day, with a cleanser suitable to one's skin type. People with dry skin may use a pH neutral cleanser while people with oily skin or pigmented skin may use a cleanser containing a beta hydroxyl acid which will also add to the glow of the skin. Cleansing should be carried out with lukewarm water or cold water and hot water should be avoided. If make-up has been used during the day, then a make-up remover should be used prior to using the daily cleanser.
2. Sunscreen: Shopping in the sun prior to the wedding can leave a tan and result in dull looking skin. Using a sunscreen on a regular basis will avoid this and leave the skin looking glowing and fresh. The sunscreen used should be suitable to the skintype and the time of the year. Many people prefer to use compacts or foundations with spf, this is also fine as long as it is used at frequent intervals (i.e. once every 2-3 hours)
3. Moisturising: This will hydrate the skin. It is ideally used overnight after a thorough cleansing of the skin. Moisturisers with active ingredients like vitamin C or Vitamin E may be used to further enhance the skin.
4. Diet: What we eat reflects on how we look. It is very important to pay attention to out diet for atleast 3 months leading upto the wedding. It is advisable to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables of different colours have different anti-oxidants. It is advisable to eat fruits and vegetables of atleast 2 different colours (yellow, green, red, purple and orange) each day and vary them the next day. This will provide you with all the anti-oxidants required naturally from the diet without the need to take supplements.
5. Internal Wellness: The skin is a mirror of our internal health. How we feel reflects directly on the skin. To that end, as wedding is a period of happiness and excitement, most brides have a natural glow in their skin. This can be further enhanced by regular exercise, paying attention to diet, busting stress (yoga, meditation or whatever works for you) and resting well at night.
6. Pampering: In the 2 weeks leading upto the wedding, pamper yourself with regular massages, pedicures, manicures etc. This will not only give a glow to the skin but also result in release of endorphins in the skin, which will add to the glow of the skin.